We hope that you are keeping safe and healthy at this very difficult time.
Since the start of the Coronavirus outbreak, we have been busy ensuring we support the NHS, Her Majesty’s Prison Estate, Care Homes, First Responders and all other key worker businesses, as a priority. We are committed to purchasing additional stock volumes, where available, both now and in future months.
Good hygiene. You need to think about:
- - Ensuring that you have handwashing facilities that provide running water, soap and paper towels;
- - Providing hand sanitiser in addition to washing facilities;
- - Using signs and posters to increase awareness of good handwashing technique;
- - Providing regular reminders on avoiding touching your face and to cough/sneeze into your arm;
- - Providing hand sanitiser in multiple locations in addition to washrooms;
- - Setting clear guidance for the cleaning of toilets, showers and changing facilities to make sure they are kept clean;
- - Setting clear guidance on how to handle goods, merchandise and materials and when cleaning procedures need to be followed.
Information and guidance. You need to think about:
- - Providing people (including workers and others) with information on procedures, guidance or ways of working that have been introduced;
- - Sharing this information with them before they start work;
- - Sharing this information with others who are not your workers (for example visitors, customers or contractors), where required. This could include signs or notices;
- - How you will pass information and guidance to people who don’t have English as their first language and others who may struggle with written and verbal communication;
- - Holding conversations with your workers, listening to and acting on their concerns.
PPE (personal protective equipment)
- - Continue providing the PPE that you normally use to protect yourself or workers, for example exposure to wood dust, flour, welding fume, silica dust.